Monday, February 15, 2010

Let me take a minute to explain WIBCI..?

All designers, tinkers and engineers are familiar with the acronym K.I.S.S. As most of us know, it stands for Keep It Simple Stupid. While I usually agree that this is a helpful thing to remember. I also feel that it can be artistically stifling. Nothing whimsical or fun came out of KISS. Nothing crazy or amazing ever developed with KISS in mind. (Mostly)
But how many awesome things began with a blank sheet of paper and the phrase "Wouldn't it be cool if...?" "Wouldn't it be cool if we could fly like a bird?" Wouldn't it be cool if man could go to the moon?" Wouldn't it be cool if George Foreman sold an appliance that would allow me to grill indoors?" W.I.B.C.I..? Look up "Wouldn't it be cool". Below the sponsored links you'll find pages and pages of people asking crazy and challenging questions beginning with the phrase.
Put a little WIBCI..? in your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment